Kershaw Knives and Emerson Knives have joined forces on a series of knives that combine the precision engineering of Kershaw with Emerson’s uncompromising functional design.
The CQC-5K features a modified clip-point blade for versatile cutting capability. Black-oxide coating protects the blade and makes it non-reflective, too. G10 handles in olive drab provide secure grip and a locking liner means safe and solid blade lock up.
The CQC-5K is a manual opener using either the thumb disk or the patented Emerson “wave shaped feature.” This opening feature enables the knife to be opened as it is removed from the pocket. By the time the knife has been fully withdrawn from the pocket, the blade is deployed and ready for use. A small wave-shaped tab on the top of the blade is built to catch on the pocket seam, opening the knife as it comes out of the pocket. This instant-open feature is a favorite among military, rescue, and law enforcement knife users.
The pocketclip is reversible for left- or right-handed carry.
- Designed by Emerson, built by Kershaw
- Thumb disk; “wave shaped opening feature”
- Manual opening
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocketclip (left/right)
- Steel: 8Cr14MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: Textured G-10
- Blade length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Closed length: 4 in. (10.2 cm)
- Open length: 7.1 in. (18 cm)
- Weight: 3.7 oz. (104.9 g)